Thursday, May 19, 2011

Review: SO SILVER BRIGHT by Lisa Mantchev


So Silver Bright

by Lisa Mantchev
Hardcover, 320 pages
Expected publication: September 13th 2011 by Feiwel & Friends

Placement in the Pile: Reaching New Heights

Summary:
All Beatrice Shakespeare Smith has ever wanted is a true family of her own. And she’s close to reuniting her parents when her father disappears. Now Bertie must deal with a vengeful sea goddess and a mysterious queen as she tries to keep her family – and the Theatre Illuminata – from crumbling. To complicate it all, Bertie is torn between her two loves, Ariel and Nate.

Review:
The whole cast of The Theater Illuminata is back for their final curtain call.

It always takes me a bit to get back into her style of writing, and the thick of the story, but once I'm used to it again, I can't put it down. I particularly loved the faeries in this one, their comic relief was perfect and so well written.

Bertie's journey to try to reunite her family, and decide where her heart truly lies doesn't run smooth, that's for sure. I don't want to be spoilery, so let's just say this book ups the ante again, and finally answers all of the questions raised in the last two.

A fast-paced, satisfying conclusion to the series. I won't comment on my feelings about which love interest she ends up with, since anything I said either positive or negative would reveal the outcome to anyone who remembers which team I was rooting for. You'll just have to find out when the book is released!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. Insanely jealous.