I was lucky enough to go out to dinner with her and another author friend of mine, Sara B Larson when she arrived in SLC on Friday night.
Then I attended her SLC signing at The King's English bookshop in Sugarhouse.
Julie was beautiful and eloquent. I just adore her! Here's some pics and goings on from that event.
- Julie told us that this was the third book she'd ever written, as part of her Masters Degree program at Vermont College. After it had been rejected by a publisher she thought it would never be published again. Years later they pitched it to 10 publishers and got 6 bids! That's incredible! It truly is an amazing book!
- Julie talked about how when she was in Jr. High she had a stalker crush on a 9th grade boy. She knew his schedule and it just made her day to see him in the halls. Even though he probably had no clue who she was. Didn't we all have crushes like that? This sort of puppy love behavior had a big impact on ALL THE TRUTH THAT'S IN ME. When you read it, you'll know why. ;)
- Perhaps my favorite thing Julie talked about was the idea of Judith finding her voice, and the theme of voice and silence. This book teaches us to find our own voice and speak up for what is right. I just adore it!.
- I took my daughter with me to the event to get some of the SPLURCH ACADEMY books as well. Julie is truly a talented author!
- I just love this person so much! I am so happy I could support her and this amazing novel! And see those two copies, well guess what? One of those is for one of you lucky readers! So fill out the form below to enter to win your very own hardcover, signed copy, of ALL THE TRUTH THAT'S IN ME!
Giveaway open until 10/21/13 11:59 PM EST. *If you're new and want to follow the blog for the extra entry the follow stuff is down at the bottom. Still need to figure out why all of my sidebar stuff is down at the bottom...