Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Time?

I have been thinking a lot about my blog and why I haven't posted a lot of book reviews lately (don't worry I am focused on getting through some of my pile and then doing lots of fun posting soon!). The factor for me simply is time!

I am a mom, I have had a busy summer with parties and get togethers with friends and family, vacations, family weddings etc. As well I also write, and those of you who write know it takes up a lot of time.

My question for you is, how do you fit it all in? How do you find time to keep updated with the book world, your house chores, writing your own novel and being sane at the same time?

3 comments:

Angela said...

I was just catching up on my google reader and came across the link to your new blog!

Hmmm ... time? Well, in the past few weeks I've realized how much time I used to spend reading when I really needed to be doing other things. Now I make myself do the things I NEED to do first before starting the things I WANT to do (like read). I scoffed at this idea in the past, but have seen how it really does help motivate me to get the things done that I need to do and I do them faster because there is a "reward" waiting for me when I finish my "chores".

As for writing, the best advice I've heard (and I've heard it many, many times from many different authors) is to have a set time to do it everyday where you won't be interrupted and to actually do it! I heard one author give some great remarks on how she wrote all of her books (like, over 20 of them) in just 15 minutes a day ... but you have to make sure that you do it EVERY DAY or it doesn't work.

Good luck!! I know it's a hard balancing act to figure out!

Ratliffs said...

I would say that it all comes down to scheduling. Getting ready to start our first year of homeschooling, I'm prepping myself for having most of my day being completely scheduled. I know getting up earlier and getting a lot of my chores done in the a.m. REALLY helps me to be able to have the time for everything I want to do with the kids, husband, house, and myself.

Allyson Condie said...

Promise you won't think less of me?

My house is kind of a mess. Also, my kids have no scrapbooks.

I'm awesome.