Thursday, August 19, 2010

Review THE ADORATION OF JENNA FOX by Mary E. Pearson


THE ADORATION OF JENNA FOX
by Mary E. Pearson
Published September 1st 2009 by Square Fish (first published April 29th 2008)
Paperback, 266 Pages

Placement in the Pile: Top Picks

Summary: (I thought I would do something fun for the Summary and embed the book trailer!)

Here is the link for the book trailer, the auto-play was driving me nuts. http://www.whoisjennafox.com/

Review:
This book makes a top pick for me because of how much it made me think, and for the fact that I couldn't put it down. Did I guess what had happened really early on? Yes. Did the twists fail to take me by surprise? Quite a few of them. Was it an amazing, thought provoking book? Absolutely. The writing is solid, the characters are complex and fabulous. While I was frustrated right along with Jenna, I could completely understand and sympathize with her mom, too. Her Grandma bugged me for a looong time, but when you finally understand everything (even though I guess what was going on, I still needed the details to figure out the dynamics of the relationships), it all makes sense and just works.

I highly recommend this book.

*again a review by Guinevere for ya! Thanks!

1 comments:

Randi said...

oooh looks like a good one!