Monday, October 26, 2009

Goal

One of my goals with the blog is to get more conversation going from the readers, whether you follow or just stop by.

SO....

Today I want to ask what is your favorite book that you have read in the last month!

Mine is Graceling. My co-author Guenivere reviewed it HERE if you want to check out that review again. I thought it was a thrilling fantasy with amazing characters. There were only two things that bothered me about the book. I look forward to reading her companion novel FIRE, because Kristin Cashore is extremely talented! My favorite line (well really paragraph) from the book was,

"Katsa didn't think a person should thank her for not causing pain. Causing joy was worthy of thanks, and causing pain worthy of disgust. Causing neither was neither, it was nothing, and nothing didn't warrant thanks." GRACELING pg. 134

How incredible that is! The way Cashore has with words is beautiful.

I look forward to your comments!!!

8 comments:

Write2ignite said...

I've not heard of that book. Sounds interesting! I haven't read much of anything this month except for blogs and some books and devotions with my girlies. I HAVE read a lot of stories by my critique buds. They have been fantastic! However, they aren't published quite yet - do they count? :)

I have a list a mile long of TBR books. I better get started. :)

hugs,
Donna E.
http://wordwranglernc.wordpress.com/
http://write2ignite.wordpress.com/

Aubrey said...

I read lots of critique group stuff. It is so fun to be part of the creative process and read what amazing stories people have running through their heads.

Oh and I actually created the link to the original review now. Sorry about that!

Anna Staniszewski said...

I just read FIRE and absolutely loved it. I think I enjoyed it even more than GRACELING.

TerryLynnJohnson said...

This month I finished Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (werewolf/human YA love story) I liked it. But I would have to say my FAVORITE book this year was The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. Such an amazing story written by a wise dog. I've never heard of Graceling, must look it up.

Aubrey said...

Ooo! Good to hear that review of FIRE! Thanks so much!

Terry it's a good one! ;)

Randi said...

I read 4 books in the last month and a half. The Hobbit-through the Lord of the Rings. I know these are not new books or anything. I grew up knowing these stories but just now read the books and I have to say they are worth the read. I was surprised how much it made me love the stories even more.

Larissa said...

My favorite book in the past month is definitely WAKE my Lisa McMann. I'm waiting for payday so I can go buy FADE...

Christina Farley said...

I would have to say Graceling too but then Curse Dark as Gold might tie it. Can't decide. But my favorite book this year would be Hunger Games, hands down.