Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'm Back!

Hi everyone! Sorry for the brief hiatus but I'm back and ready to get reading and reviewing! I missed the book world while I was away! I was so busy sight-seeing that I didn't get nearly enough writing or reading done. Sigh. But really, I can't complain, I was in GERMANY!

I had such an amazing time in Germany. I love learning about new places and cultures. The Bavarian royal history is quite fascinating. Here are just a few pictures from my trip (cause I know you want to be jealous)!

The Englischer Garten in Munich. Such a beautiful place!

The Park Bench in the Englischer Garten where I tried to read for a while...I only lasted about 15 minutes because it was so cold!

Me in front of an old church. There are tons of them in Munich alone!

Inside a different church. Many of them were late Baroque/Rococo design. So ornate!

In front of Scholl Nymphenburg, a castle complete with huge garden still enclosed in the city.

Me the car model at the BMW museum. This is a 1933. Munich is the central location for BMW manufacturing.

At Mariensplatz, the city center. That gothic building behind me is a governemnt building still used today. It was one of the locations of some of Hitler's big rally's and speeches.

It would be good to be queen of Bavaria!

Me and my cute hubby at the Temple of Diana. Located between Odensplatz and the Englischer Garten.

Sunday we went to a museum of art from the middle ages through the early Baroque. This portait was amazing. The material on the dress looked SO lifelike!

Um did I mention the food was incredible? This is a turkish Dooner. We also had lots of different sausages, saurkraut, potatoes, rotkol, danishes, chocolate yum yum yum!

Monday, our last day we took a train down to Fussen, which is on the border by the Alps and saw two castles. Here we are standing on the grounds of Hohenschwangau castle with Neuschwanstein castle in the background. Neuschwanstein castle is generally called the "cinderella" castle, because it is the one Walt Disney used to design his Disneyland castle. (P.S. the castle is there in the background, its just hard to see against the snow on the mountain...if you click on the image you can see it better!)

That is about the shortest summary I can give you! I loved every minute of it.

Thanks for indulging in this bit of personal travels and life...now back on to books!

2 comments:

Torri said...

That would have been so fun, Thank you again for sharing. :)

Rhonda Helms said...

Those pics are gorgeous!!