Friday, December 18, 2009

Author Interview: Carrie Jones!

I am thrilled to share with you this short and to the point interview I did with Carrie Jones! I have SO many more questions I could ask her about CAPTIVATE, but they would all be spoilery! So I went for some fun ones! Enjoy!

MPB: NEED was a wonderful book! What new aspects of your paranormal world are brought in in CAPTIVATE?

Carrie Jones: That is so nice of you to say! Thank you so much. Sigh. I get soooo nervous about my books.

I think the paranormal world is expanded in CAPTIVATE as Zara learns more about how pixie hierarchy works and the depth of the paranormal influence in the world.

MPB: If you could eat anything you wanted right this very minute, what would it be?

CJ: Fried potatoes with guacamole or maybe strudel or maybe brownies or maybe just white grape juice. Can you tell I'm hungry?

MPB: If you had a whole day to do whatever you wanted what would it be?

CJ: I am no allowed to say because my mom reads this blog and she still thinks I am a nice girl.
*MPB Note: Your mom reads the blog! Cool! Hi Carrie's mom! ;)

MPB: Can you tell us anything about the next book in the series?

CJ:
Well, I am writing it RIGHT NOW! And it is totally kicking my butt. It's very much a continuation of what happened in CAPTIVATE. It's crazy but I think I like it. I don't know how to tell any more without spoiling everything in CAPTIVATE.

MPB: If you met a hot young Pixie King, would you trust him?

CJ: As my best friend who is a police sgt would say, "Yes." I trust everyone. It is a really big problem for me. Like if you are standing in front of me with a knife and frothing at the mouth? I'd totally be all, "Hey honey, are you okay? Do you need some food? Want to talk?"
And after you lunged at me? I'd still probably invite you over for strudel.

Thanks so much Carrie! Now everyone save some of that Christmas money, or giftcards you get this year and go buy CAPTIVATE!

4 comments:

Bleuette said...

Great Interview!:) Can't wait Captivate will be out in just a few more days!

http://fantasysink.blogspot.com/

Carrie said...

The suspense is killing me! I cannot wait!

Dare said...

Wonderful interview. Enjoyed the question about food. :) Can't wait for the book!!!

TerryLynnJohnson said...

Those are some totally awesome questions! Way to go with the interview! Really enjoyed reading this.