Thursday, January 19, 2012

New Feature: Thursday Three (1)

Hey all!

So one of my goals this year is to get this blog more active again. One way I want to do that is by doing a Thursday Three! Lots of blogs do Friday Fives, but I thought this was more doable for me. So I'll post 3 things going on with me in relation to reading/writing. I'd love your thoughts and responses!

1) I have been thinking a lot about why I read YA so much more than any other genre. And I think in the end for me, it's cause it's just good stuff. For me I like to read to escape into a world that is not my own. Whether that's contemporary and someone else's experiences that open my world view, or a fantasy world that I can just jump into wholeheartedly. I love YA because I can always count on a great story.

Why do you love YA?

2) Some books read fast for me, some read slow. It doesn't make one better than the other. Sometimes I just need more time away from a story to process it. Other times I just want to find out what happens so I can't put it down. Which do I like better? Depends on my mood.

3) I've been trying to write more and that's a kinda scary thing for me. I love books and the book world, and I LOVE writing and the writing community around me. But I don't have super thick skin, and I felt a little hurt once. So it's taken me a long time to get back into it. It was absolutely no fault of anyone other than me needing to take time away from my writing. Maybe someday a blogger will be reviewing my stuff! I doubt it. I'm not dedicated enough to the process of writing and editing...I kinda hate editing. But it's a cool thought. ;)

0 comments: