Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Review: SILENCE by Becca Fitzpatrick


SILENCE

by Becca Fitzpatrick
Hardcover, 438 pages
Published October 4th 2011 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing

Placement in the Pile: Reaching New Heights

Summary:
The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.

Review:
First I have to say that's not a very good summary of the book that was on Goodreads, but there it is... Here's my summary:

Nora finds herself alone and unsure of herself when she is told that she not only has amnesia that goes back 5 months, but has been gone, abducted for the last 11 weeks of her life. Desperate to remember who she is, she becomes tangled in a world that she no longer remembers exists, all while trying to figure out who she can trust, who is lying, and why she keeps having dreams about a boy with black eyes.

Can Nora and Patch's love survive her not remembering? Will she find out who abducted her and why?

Okay, that sounds better. Gives you a little but of understanding of what this book is about without giving anything away.

That being said, many of you know how much I enjoy these books. I like the bad boy nature of Patch, and I like the overall plotlines. There's characters you love, and characters you love to hate.

Even better the plot of this book and Becca's smooth writing kept me reading. I read this book in about 4 sessions of sitting down and reading -- I just couldn't put it down and it flowed so well it went fast. It's exactly what I needed. Intrigue a good plot, some awesome romance thrown in.

Now that being said there is a possessive nature about Patch and the things he says to Nora. I understand some readers criticize this and say "what a horrible message to teenage girls." But here's my view: I am not reading and reviewing for what a teenage girl might think of a book. I am reading and reviewing for ME. How did I like the book? How did it affect me? Am I smart enough to know that when Patch says, "You're mine Angel." that it's not an abusive I'm going to lock you up and abuse you sort of love? Well, yes, I am. So he doesn't bug me at all, in fact I like that he loves Nora so much that he feels not only possessive of her, but that he belongs to and with her.

If you like this series and haven't read this one yet, do! If you need a good read, pick up the series. For fans of paranormal romance, these will definitely become a fave.

0 comments: