Sunday, September 5, 2010

In My Mailbox (20)

Thanks to The Story Siren for hosting this each Sunday!

Things were slower this week, but that was just fine with me as I have had a few really good weeks in a row, and can't possibly get through them all without a break. But I was VERY happy to get this! My first book from Scholastic!

From the Publisher:
I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU SOMEONE ELSE
by Erin McCahan
Published June 1st 2010 by Arthur A. Levine Books
Hardcover, 272 pages

Summary:
Seventeen-year-old Bronwen Oliver doesn't just want a family. She has one of those, and there's nothing terribly wrong with them apart from bickering grandparents, an image-obsessed mother and a brother she describes simply as Jesus. But there's no natural sense of connection between Bronwen and her family, leaving her with the belief -- and the hope -- that she was switched at birth, that she was never supposed to be Bronwen Oliver but someone else entirely.

6 comments:

Kris said...

That's one that I've been wanting to read! Can't wait to see what you think!

Nat said...

Have seen this one around and it looks great---enjoy!

YA Book Queen said...

This one sounds interesting! Hope you enjoy it :)

Tara said...

Sounds like a super interesting book - enjoy!

prophecygirl said...

I loved this book. It's such a fantastic debut with great characters. Hope you enjoy it!

Unknown said...

I've never heard of this novel but it sounds fantastic!!! It's on my TBR list, and most likely will be ordered immediately! I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

I just found your blog and LOVE IT!!! I love the colors, and thanks to Sara B. Larson I've found you and get to follow!