Sunday, September 12, 2010

In My Mailbox (21)

As always, thanks to The Story Siren for hosting this meme.

This week I also just got one book. I have heard mixed things about it. First thing off the bat is it is college age. I know this is an age level that many authors have tried to write and publish stories about, but it wasn't working...are they YA, or adult? So many issues with this book I may have to give it a try.

THE IVY
by Lauren Kunze and Rina Onur
Published August 31st 2010 by Greenwillow Books
Hardcover, 320 pages

Summary:
Freshman year at Harvard--glamorous parties, blossoming friendships, steamy romances, and scandalous secrets. Skip the campus tour and get right to the good stuff: classes are for scoping guys (and their Facebook profiles), not taking notes. The library is for study dates (the medieval history stacks get a lot of action), not studying. And success is a 4.0 GPA... plus getting into the most exclusive parties. How will Callie--a California girl with brains, beauty, and big dreams--and her three roommates survive?

5 comments:

Hayley said...

I've been hearing a lot of things about this book...and it's showing up on a lot of IMMs this week, so now I'm super curious. I may have to get it this coming week so I don't feel so out of the loop :)

Nina said...

I have read two reviews for this book and both where very positive. I do hope it's good. Enjoy!

YA Book Queen said...

This one looks so great,

Happy reading! Hope you enjoy it :D

Claire @ YA Bookie Monster said...

Cool! I haven't read this one yet, but really look forward to doing so!

I'm a new follower :)

Come see what I got In My Mailbox!

Sarah said...

I personally really enjoyed The Ivy. It had a Gossip girl feel to it, which for me worked.